Auto Haven NZ Limited its related bodies corporate, officers, employees, agents and contractors (Auto Haven NZ Limited, ‘our’, ‘us’ or ‘we’) are committed to ensuring that your personal information and privacy is protected in accordance with the requirements of the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act).
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person). This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email) or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We may use the information we obtain about you both to further our relationship with you and for other purposes, including to send you our newsletter, enforce our Terms and Conditions and comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We may use personal information for other additional purposes. We will identify these additional purposes at the time of collection.
We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets.
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by phone or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
What information we collect
The personal information that we collect and hold will include information which is relevant to providing our services to you. The types of personal information that we may collect and hold includes:
- individual and company data including, name, postal and email address, contact numbers;
- proof of identification documents such as a driver’s licence or passport;
- details about your personal requirements and preferences in relation to our products or services;
- information in relation to other people who come into contact with us;
- any information that you may provide to us, either directly or through our website, or via our representatives; and
- any additional information necessary to deliver products and services to you or engage you.
This is not an exhaustive list as we may be required to collect further information in fulfilment of our services to you.
Disclosing your personal information
It is sometimes necessary for us to share with other parties personal information about you in order to provide services.
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except with:
- another company within our group
- agents, contractors and subcontractors in the course of our business activities
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products. A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
Protecting your personal information
While we take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on our social media pages, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
How we collect your personal information
We receive both information that is directly provided to us, such as personal information you provide when you visit our website or access our services, and information that is passively or automatically collected from you, such as anonymous information collected from your browser or device.
Information such as your IP address, the URL visited, the date and time the page was viewed assist us in compiling the website activity and internet usage. This information may be stored on servers located outside of New Zealand.
We use analytic tools to collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve our website.
This information is aggregated and does not identify you personally. It includes:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you visited on our site and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the site
- the referring site (if any) from which you clicked through to this site
- your operating system, for example Windows, MacOS
- the type of web browser you use, such as Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
- other things like your screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
This site generates persistent session cookies (that is, they have an expiry date and are removed on that date) for the purpose of monitoring site usage. The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of your web browser without affecting your ability to use the site.
You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, although this may mean that you cannot use all of the features of the website.
Changes to this Policy
This policy was last updated 21 June 2023.
Under the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to obtain access to and request correction of any of your personal information held by us. We may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
Auto Haven NZ Limited